When God wants to reveal Himself, He uses people who are set apart for His purpose. He also uses special days, Sabbath or Sunday service, sacrifices or house of prayer. Sanctify in Hebrew is Gadash! To make, or pronounce something clean, better still it is the process whereby we separate from the world and are set aside for God. This is called Holy in a bigger perspective.
The methods God uses are as follows:
- People sanctify themselves by God’s help for Him. Joshua 3:5
- God sanctifies the person Himself. Exodus 29:42-44 says this shall be a continual burnt offering of Israel, and the Tabernacle shall be sanctified by my glory. “So I will consecrate the Tabernacle of meeting and the altar. I will also consecrate both Aaron and his sons to minister to me as priests. It is only God who sanctify – the presence of God sanctifies everything that is in His presence. Everything God touches with His glory is made clean. When I feel unworthy and enter the presence of God, God sets me apart.
Three Points to note
- God Sanctified and blessed the Sabbath because He rested. Genesis 2:3 says And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it because in it He had rested from all His work that God created and made.
- God sanctified the tabernacle because He came down and met Israel at its door.
- God sanctifies Christian’s because He dwells in us: Exodus 13:2 the Lord says –Sanctify unto me all the firstborn; whatsoever opens the womb among the children of Israel man and beast. It is mine says the Lord. Numbers 3:39-42 G0d exchanged every first born of the children of Israel for the entire tribe of Levi. It is good to that sanctification is a requirement. Numbers 8:14-17 –The Levites belong to God as an offering.
Pastor Joseph Sakuda